IT’S YOUR TIME TO QUIT!
Break your tobacco habit with support from St. Thomas More Hospital and its FREE Tobacco Cessation program. Let us help you breathe easier and live healthier on the path to success.
This 12-week program is modeled after the most successful national tobacco cessation programs. It is designed to educate, counsel and offer support to people wanting to quit tobacco use, including the use of smokeless tobacco (chew). The Cooper-Clayton method is utilized, which features the use of nicotine patches, lozenges and gum (as appropriate), support groups, and respiratory function testing. Nutrition, exercise and stress management are also key components. The program is free of charge; however, there are costs for nicotine replacement products, if participants choose to use them. Some health insurances may cover these costs.
The tobacco cessation program offers:
- 12 weekly meetings that provide education, support and assistance
- Instructor Laurie McKeever, RT, over 25 years of Cardiopulmonary experience
- Tools to help you maintain your success after the program is completed
- Respiratory testing performed throughout the program to track progress
- Information on how to obtain free nicotine patches and gum
The Tobacco Cessation program is offered free of charge as a service to the community by St. Thomas More Hospital’s Cardiopulmonary Department. Programs are held several times throughout the year. Take the first step to becoming tobacco free by calling 719-285-2010 today to find out when the next program begins.
For more information on upcoming classes, call 719-285-2010.